It seems as though canopy beds are making a comeback–and we couldn’t be more pleased!
They have been a favorite of tastemakers we admire, including Bunny Mellon, who knew how to make a simple bedroom come to life, by draping the canopy with luxurious fabrics and fancy trimmings.
Miles Redd loves them as well…
As does Tom Scheerer…
1. Phoebe Howard for Sherill. Designer Phoebe Howard debuted many new pieces at Fall Market in High Point, North Carolina back in October. One of these pieces is this gorgeous carved carved to imitate tree branches canopy bed.
Take a look at the detail:
2. Bernhardt Landon Metal Poster Bed. We love this bed in both traditional and modern settings.
It looks really elegant in this bedroom designed by Michael S Smith, below:
3. Oly Faline Bed. This bed was featured in the May issue of Elle Decor and suits the organic look of this house beautifully. We really love this simpler canopy from Oly as well.
4. Celerie Kemble for Henredon Ferrus Upholstered Bed. We love the drama of the gold finials.
5. Charles P Rogers Campaign Canopy Bed. A go-to for simple, inexpensive iron frames that can be draped in many different ways.
Have you considered a canopy bed for your bedroom? If you’ve got the room for it, you should definitely consider it.